- User feedback (7 professionals, 5 design students)
- Online reviews
- Competitive Analysis
- Identify problem space (underserved needs, frustrations, misunderstandings, etc)*
- Based on user feedback, I decided to focus on "How do we help users follow through?" Why?
- Results drive value
- Value drives loyalty
- Loyalty drives trust
- Trust attracts others
* Note: A great way to prioritize user needs is to map User Need vs User Satisfaction with Current Alternatives, but I did not have time to do the survey.
Ideas that didn't make the cut for the video include:
- partnerships with Lego and airlines
- tools for groups
- SOS mode
- ...and since my superpower is experimentation, I'd love to get my hands on some AB testing and brainstorm on different content strategy with the editorial team.
Next steps: prototype, user test, and iterate.
Thanks to my friends for helping me with this exercise during a beautiful snowy weekend.
Thanks Unstuck for the fun exercise.